Wednesday, March 18, 2009

a quick note...

I am at the Borquist family apartment in the city and am using their computer. I checked my email and deleted just about everything. Sending me an email is of no use as I never know where or when I will have computer access.

Everything is going fine. The weather is great, the students are wonderful and it is really great to be back here for the third time.

Being away from all the news, Dow average, Biggest Loser, American Idol, etc. really does have its benefits. There is no media here but there is the Grammar book, the Portuguese/English dictionary and the Bible.

Tonight I spoke to a group of English language students at the Borquist neighborhood church, Igreja Batista Reviver. What a wonderful experience. I learned a lot about neighborhood outreach. I hope they learned something about me and my experience in Brazil with my rapid English. There was even a young Brazilian poet and we exchanged blog addresses. He is even on blogspot.

No comments:

Post a Comment