Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Hello USA! Class #6


Today's class was great! There were five adults and half a dozen children.

We spent a bit of time on the pronouns: I, he and she. This went along with the verbs to be and to have; the change from 1st and 3rd person singular was our goal. We practiced body parts and going to the Emergency Room and describing our problem to the nurse/doctor.

The topic for the day was Clothing. We learned a lot of new vocabulary and ended up telling what each person was wearing. Then we discussed what one would wear to a specific place or activity. 'I am going to church. I have on a white shirt, etc.' This necessitated a review of colors which most everyone had under control.

The Bible passage for the day was John 9:25 - "...I was blind, now I see." During the Lord's Prayer at the end of class, the 'baby' [2 in August] came and sat in my lap until I was time for me to leave.

blognote: At some time after our last class of this session [in two weeks], we will meet and sort out the best way to continue classes in the Fall. It is my hope that some members of CBC will get involved.

No comments:

Post a Comment