Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Pronunciation Class

I was asked to teach and English Pronunciation at Holy Apostles College and Seminary in Cromwell to Vietnamese nuns and brothers and Colombian brothers. I had previously set up a program at Covenant Village of Cromwell where I live. The sisters would come over on the bus and I paired them up with residents so they could practice conversational English with a native speaker. They now wanted a pronunciation class that would be specific for the Vietnamese speakers. I was happy to oblige but when the Colombian brothers heard about the course they wanted to come too. No problem! I used Pronunciation Contrasts in English by Nilsen and Nilsen from Waveland Press. The course was for 10 weeks with an hour for class and an extra half-hour for individual or small group work. We had an amazing time.

The last day of class was November 20th and this was Teachers' Day in Vietnam. What a coincidence and the students were so proud to share this honor with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment