Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Hello USA! Class #1

The first class went well. Pastor Ich accompanied me to the apartment. This was Pastor Gie Dor's apartment on Alden Street. His family comprised most of the class. There was one other student and there will be more next week.

All of the students are at differing levels of English but I am used to this. The first class was really for me to get to know levels and numbers. Now I have a good idea how to proceed for the next seven weeks.

We covered Introductions [name, address, birthday], Greetings, a Bible Passage [John 5:30], Numbers, Spelling [alphabet letters] and a Pronunciation Contrast [/iy/ vs /i/ (feet vs fit) as this is a problem for Karen speakers].

I had a great time and know that this 8 week session will be just the beginning. God willing!

No comments:

Post a Comment