Friday, December 26, 2008

farewell poem 2007

Looking back over previous posts in my Turning70 blog, I found an entry that will give insight to what is coming.

3/3/07

serenity, solitude
the sounds of nature, the sounds of songs of praise
this my first afternoon at JAMI, Belo Horizonte, Brasil

I sat outside, alone where the heat had subsided
clouds scudding across the sky

fulfillment, satisfaction
the words of poems, the words of songs of praise
this my first true poem at JAMI, Belo Horizonte, Brasil

I sit inside, alone where heat still fills the room
words scudding across the page

3/16/07

apprehension, sorrow
the sounds of nature, the sounds of kitchen preparation
this my last full day at JAMI, Belo Horizonte, Brasil

I rest inside, alone where morning chill invades
thoughts scudding across my mind
and
I prepare to say farewell!

No comments:

Post a Comment